This is a short simple tutorial outlining the steps you need to take to get an NPC to lead the player to a particular place. This occurs in several places in the game. Uses an ai_goal_lead info_target
and a logic_auto
I have only tried this with Barney, Grigori and Alyx. I have not got it to work with metropolice, citizens, Mossman or Kleiner. I am still looking at this, and you could experiment and let me know any other options.
1. place some NPC's in your map (Alyx, Barney, Grigori ) wherever you want them to meet with the player.
2. Open the Properties and give them a Name. You can also give them some weapons.
3. Place an Info_target in the map where you want the NPC to lead the player to.
4. Open the Properties and give it a name
5. Place an ai_goal_lead anywhere on the ground in the map
6. Open the Properties and give it a:Name Name of the ai_goal_leadActor(s) to affect Name of your NPC Target entity Name of your info_target
7. Place a logic_auto in your map.
8. Open the Properties click on Outputs and Add
My Output named: OnMapSpawn
Targets Entitis named: Name of your AI_Goal_Lead
Via This input: Activate
After a delay in seconds of: 2.00
. compile and run the map